Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another reason why


How many people can say they truly love their job? Most people I talk to don't love their jobs at all. For most people work is a necessary evil to be able to make ends meet and pay the bills.

I can't just settle on a job that is a necessary evil. I am not a person that settles for anything. I am a hard working, dedicated and loyal and I look for the same in a future employer.

I am not happy sitting behind a desk for 8 hours a day. Breathing the same air conditioned air, staring at the same neutral colored walls, watching the day time pass by out a window is no way for me to spend a day. I need to be out working in that sun, sweating, getting dirty, blistering my hands. I want a job that gives me not only a mental challenge, but a physical one as well. I want a job that is ever changing, where I have to be a constant student, always training and anticipating what will come next.

When I set my mind to something I get great satisfaction of completing said task. When I am held responsible for a job I make sure it is something I can be proud with turning in.

I was taught by my parents that you get a job and keep that job. My dad worked for over 25 years for the same employer, my mom is still working for the same person that hired her at the age of 15. When I get a job it is for the long term. I want a job that is going to be around in the future. I want a job that is something to be proud of, something that it is easy to want to perform for. I want something that is rewarding, that makes me feel like I have accomplished real work. I want to work on a team, communicating and compromising our way to a solution.

Not many people find what they are looking for in a job. I have talked to people in their 50's that still don't know what they want to be when they grow up. That saddens me and I don't want to end up like that. I am so happy to have found something that I feel like fits me as well as I fit it. Something that I choose on my own and not something I settle for. Something that gives me a cross to believe in and stand up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment